I write in response to your ad seeking a General Office Clerk at The Steele Firm. As a highly competent General Office Clerk I would bring a hard-working dedicated and team-playing attitude to this role.
In my current position I maintain an exceedingly functional law office environment while multi-tasking various work for 5 lawyers and 9 paralegals. I have a knack for problem solving and work well independently and with little oversight. I respond to requests from management and clients in a timely manner and am adept at prioritising multiple ongoing projects.
Additionally I possess many skills and proficiencies such as:
- Dictation and transcription
- Time management
- Scheduling and planning
- Types 72 WPM
- Communication and listening skills
I am a self-starter and excel at organisation punctuality and high attention to detail. I am also deeply familiar with payroll software and MS Office and adapt quickly to new programs. As a part of the team at
My resume and references are attached. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Clerk Cover Letter
Clerks are found in office settings in a variety of organizations and are in charge for handling clerical and administrative duties. These employees usually assist executives and perform tasks such as taking phone calls, greeting visitors, maintaining financial records, answering to guest inquiries, operating office equipment, delivering messages, helping to organize meetings and events, and doing travel arrangements.
A sample cover letter for Clerk should focus on the following qualifications:
- Organization and planning
- Office equipment familiarity
- Customer focus
- Teamworking abilities
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer proficiency
- Accuracy and attention to details
- Time management
- Concentration and the ability to work under pressure
An example cover letter displaying similar Clerk qualifications is available below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Clerk Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Frazier:
Upon learning of your posting for a Clerk, I hastened to submit my resume for your review. As a highly organized and efficient professional with a variety of office support experience and excellent multitasking abilities, I am prepared to significantly contribute to your company’s goals and objectives.
My background includes performing various administrative duties while achieving greater office efficiency and productivity. From organizing schedules and updating databases to routing mail and maintaining records, I excel at prioritizing tasks, collaborating with peers and management, and encouraging effective organizational procedures.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Performing a range of office activities—including typing, filing, data entry, and supply tracking—while adhering to corporate policies and procedures.
- Demonstrating superior communication and interpersonal skills, along with a solid commitment to providing outstanding support within fast-paced office environments.
- Excelling at balancing multiple tasks while providing top-level organization, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
My skills in general administration and organization, along with my my positive attitude and work ethic, position me to excel in this role. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss the position and my qualifications in further detail. Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Robert A. Thomas